httpd-dev mailing list archives

From William A Rowe Jr <wr...@rowe-clan.net>
Subject Re: svn commit: r1715554 - /httpd/httpd/trunk/server/util.c
Date Sun, 22 Nov 2015 15:33:26 GMT
On Sat, Nov 21, 2015 at 5:10 PM, Eric Covener <covener@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Sat, Nov 21, 2015 at 5:47 PM, William A Rowe Jr <wrowe@rowe-clan.net>
> wrote:
> > I suggest this is wrong, and that the appropriate table should be built.
> >
> > EBCDIC platforms do have i18n (typicially single-byte) lower/upper
> > equivalences, and the underlying implementation should not be trusted for
> > straight ASCII token case insensitive comparisons.
>
> I don't see it why it shouldn't be trusted, but I've reverted for now,
>
> I'll revisit when this settles down / the function is used somewhere.

Have a look at r1715632 and let me know what you think.

I see a lot of ill-defined or otherwise vague string functions, many of them
are somewhat duplicate in nature, several of them questionable (unbounded
recursion, really?)  It is probably time to move these all out to
util_strings.c
and really evaluate which are appropriate to use in which contexts, while
others should probably be evicted from trunk. ap_strcmp_match looks like
the first worst offender (apr_fnmatch is already a much safer
implementation.)