httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Noel Butler <noel.but...@ausics.net>
Subject Re: 2.4.18?
Date Tue, 17 Nov 2015 12:18:43 GMT
On 17/11/2015 19:24, Graham Leggett wrote:
> On 17 Nov 2015, at 07:13, Noel Butler <noel.butler@ausics.net> wrote:
>
>> ??? We only had 2.4.17  5 weeks ago, why the rush?
>
> We have improvements, why make people wait?
>
> Regards,
> Graham
> --

You run into complacency dangers if you end up in a "release very often"
mode, take phpmyadmin as one example, most admins I know gave up
updating it, because there were updates every week, sometimes  every few
days, Marc has accepted this is a serious problem and unless a critical
security bug is found, , normal bug fixes releases will be only once per
month if need be, take dovecot, not so bad now days but in years gone
by, it too released weekly or bi-weekly and a lot of people got pissed
and stopped updating it too.

Projects that "release often" are seen by most admins I talk to (from
around the world too, not just locally) as unstable and to be avoided,
not something we want to see here with nginx already take a good share
inm recent times, and only getting more of it.

--
If you have the urge to reply to all rather than reply to list, you best
read  http://members.ausics.net/qwerty/