httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Reindl Harald <h.rei...@thelounge.net>
Subject Re: 2.4.18?
Date Wed, 18 Nov 2015 09:48:02 GMT

Am 18.11.2015 um 08:16 schrieb Noel Butler:
> On 17/11/2015 22:33, Reindl Harald wrote:
>>
>> 5 or 6 bloody weeks is a month - so what's the problem?
>> any other software but httpd is allowed to have monthly updates?
>>
>> "I can accept" - seriously - you can just ignore a release when you
>> think it's not important for you but i don't get why anybody else
>> should wait for available non-security bugfixes just because you feel
>> like someone enforces you to update your server
>
> your problem harry as usual is you dont comprehend whats said, because i
> never once said it was OK for that other software, in fact its made
> clear otherwise, but I'll grant you your comments based only on the fact
> you have little comprehension of english and rely on translators.

no i don't rely on a translator, i just read you other posts too before
reply and one part of that was "take phpmyadmin as one example, most
admins I know gave up updating it, because there were updates every
week, sometimes  every few days, Marc has accepted this is a serious
problem and unless a critical security bug is found, normal bug fixes
releases will be only once per month if need be"

and here we talk about that *one month* - so what's the problem?

anyways, if you can't cope with monthly updates and in doubt decide if
they are relevant at all hire somebody who can cope or just install a
LTS distribution only delivering critical bugfixes