httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Graham Leggett <minf...@sharp.fm>
Subject Re: 2.4.18?
Date Tue, 17 Nov 2015 12:31:52 GMT
On 17 Nov 2015, at 2:18 PM, Noel Butler <noel.butler@ausics.net> wrote:

> You run into complacency dangers if you end up in a "release very often" mode, take phpmyadmin
as one example, most admins I know gave up updating it, because there were updates every week,
sometimes  every few days, Marc has accepted this is a serious problem and unless a critical
security bug is found, , normal bug fixes releases will be only once per month if need be,
take dovecot, not so bad now days but in years gone by, it too released weekly or bi-weekly
and a lot of people got pissed and stopped updating it too.

I’m not understanding your point - you’re saying normal bug fix releases once a month
is fine, but us doing so after 5 weeks isn’t fine?

We’ve just released HTTP/2 support for the very first time. People want to use it, people
want to see problems in it fixed. I don’t see the number of releases as excessive at all.

Regards,
Graham
—