httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Eissing <>
Subject Re: svn commit: r1714742 - /httpd/httpd/branches/2.4.x/STATUS
Date Thu, 19 Nov 2015 13:04:22 GMT

> Am 19.11.2015 um 13:58 schrieb Yann Ylavic <>:
> On Thu, Nov 19, 2015 at 1:26 PM, Yann Ylavic <> wrote:
>> Am I right to assume "H2Direct off" is the defaut now (in 2.5-dev and
>> upcoming 2.4.18, trunk docs seem not updated, and [1] suggests this is
>> from r1708107)?
> Hmm, then r1709587 swithed it back to "H2Direct on for http:, off for
> https: requests", whereas the commit states "H2Direct off, on when h2c
> is in Protocols".
> What's the status exactly?

The status in trunk is as documented in trunk ;-)

H2Direct, unless set otherwise, is enabled if and only if a server has "Protocols h2c".

The reason for enabling it also for "h2" hosts in the test framework is to enable
tests to run on machines that do not have SSL+ALPN in the perl tests. This is true
for OS X, unfortunately.

The doc in 2.4.x is not updated as the http2 modules is not updated, as I am waiting
for the proposed core-protocols changes to be backported.

View raw message