httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Graham Leggett <>
Subject Re: [Patch] Async write completion for the full connection filter stack
Date Mon, 05 Oct 2015 14:37:49 GMT
On 05 Oct 2015, at 4:25 PM, Eric Covener <> wrote:

> If content/request filters will now sometimes run on a different
> thread, is this a special kind of major MMN bump?

Content/request filters won’t run on a different thread, no.

The only filters that will do so are filters that have been updated to use the new async API,
and right now that’s mod_ssl and the core network filter (which always had this capability).

If it were to become a problem, the whole patch can be disabled by forcing ap_filter_should_yield()
to return false. I don’t believe we need a switch at this stage however, but it is there
should it be needed.

View raw message