httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Graham Leggett <minf...@sharp.fm>
Subject Re: svn commit: r1706669 - in /httpd/httpd/trunk: ./ include/ modules/http/ modules/ssl/ server/ server/mpm/event/ server/mpm/motorz/ server/mpm/simple/
Date Tue, 06 Oct 2015 10:19:56 GMT
On 06 Oct 2015, at 11:13 AM, Yann Ylavic <ylavic.dev@gmail.com> wrote:

> By defining this function in util_filter
> (ap_filter_reinstate_conn()?), we also possibly could get rid of
> c->empty (which looks quite hacky), using/hidding an empty brigade per
> filter (in opaque data).

That starts multiplying the RAM really quickly, and starts getting expensive.

Ideally c->empty should be hidden inside an MPM-local context. Each MPM that then assign
or not assign whatever it needs and this is hidden. If conn_rec had an opaque context for
an MPM a lot of public stuff in the struct could probably be removed.

Regards,
Graham
—