httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Eissing <stefan.eiss...@greenbytes.de>
Subject Re: about those async filters
Date Thu, 08 Oct 2015 12:13:24 GMT

> Am 08.10.2015 um 13:53 schrieb Graham Leggett <minfrin@sharp.fm>:
>
>> HTTP/2 on https:// connections, as reported by Firefox, is currently at ~30% of requests.
>
> We need to make sure we haven’t made a step backwards in the core of the server. The
event MPM solved the C10k problem for file handling, and the async filters generalises this
to all filters (most critically SSL) and all types of content. We need to make sure that mod_http2
doesn’t undo that work and make requests synchronous again.

Totally agree. How can we do that? I am willing to setup test scenarios with files/php/proxy
to compare performance and see that we do not break things. What should I test? Any advice
welcome.

//Stefan