httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Yehezkel Horowitz <horow...@checkpoint.com>
Subject RE: Improve Apache performance on high load (prefork MPM) with multiple Accept mutexes (Patch attached)
Date Mon, 26 Oct 2015 11:45:07 GMT
>Just to clarify, all updates to httpd need to be made to trunk first, which then allow
it to be backported to v2.4, and then v2.2.
>The reason for this is we don’t want features added to v2.2 that then subsequently vanish
when v2.4 comes out (and so on).

Understood. I just want to get some feedback about my initial implementation.
If there will be interest – I’ll be glad to write an updated patch to be applied to trunk.

>The following patch was recently backported to v2.4, how similar is your patch to this
one?
> *) MPMs: Support SO_REUSEPORT to create multiple duplicated listener
     records for scalability. [Yingqi Lu <yingqi.lu@intel.com<mailto:yingqi.lu@intel.com>>,
     Jeff Trawick, Jim Jagielski, Yann Ylavic]
Both patches might come to solve similar problem, but SO_REUSEPORT requires Linux 3.9 (which
is quite new in Linux terms).

Thanks for the feedback,

Yehezkel Horowitz
Check Point Software Technologies Ltd.