httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Graham Leggett <minf...@sharp.fm>
Subject Re: Expression Parser: search and replace with s/PATTERN/REPLACEMENT/FLAGS
Date Thu, 01 Oct 2015 10:31:40 GMT
On 01 Oct 2015, at 12:26 PM, Rainer Jung <rainer.jung@kippdata.de> wrote:

> Since it gets more common to use the expression parser for string operations and not
only for boolean checks, I think it would be useful (and powerful) to support

> s/PATTERN/REPLACEMENT/FLAGS
>
> and allow back references in REPLACEMENT. The operation would not try to do the replacement
in place but create a new string according to the given PATTERN and REPLACEMENT.

> I had a quick look at the flex and bison files which generate lexer and parser but must
admit that it wasn't immediately obvious to me how to do it. I can try harder but first wanted
to ask if there are any volunteers who know that technology better than me. Stefan (Frisch)?
Others?

> Otherwise I'll try myself (and learn new stuff on the way).

We currently support a variation of this like this:

  <LocationMatch /path/(?<PATHNAME>[^/]+)>
    SomeDirective %{env:MATCH_PATHNAME}
  </LocationMatch>

Not sure if that’s what you had in mind, or if you’re trying to achieve something different?

Regards,
Graham
—