httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Andy Wang <aw...@ptc.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Chunked transfer delay with httpd 2.4 on Windows.
Date Thu, 22 Oct 2015 15:56:52 GMT

On 10/22/2015 10:52 AM, Andy Wang wrote:

> On 10/22/2015 10:38 AM, Graham Leggett wrote:
>> On 22 Oct 2015, at 5:31 PM, Andy Wang <awang@ptc.com> wrote:
>>
>>> I already had to do that.  We have this weird scenario where when our
>>> installer installs httpd, httpd hangs.  Packet captures show the
>>> request arriving but no ACK or any form of response.
>>>
>>> If I kill the installer process, the problem goes away.  I have no
>>> idea how or why that could possibly occur, but Acceptfilter http none
>>> resolves that issue.
>>
>> Sounds like a request that the http accept filter doesn’t believe is
>> complete?
>>
>> Could be an RFC violation on the client side.
>>

> I'm not sure how that's possible.  The TCP stack doesn't even respond to
> the initial SYN.
>
> As soon as we kill the installer process, httpd starts to respond.

Oh wait, my bad.
I'm getting problems confused in my head.

The request is to the best of my research complete.

The TCP handshake occurs, but there is no GET response.

Also, used processexplorer to look at the process threads and it shows
no activity on the threads, and mod_dumpio shows nothing coming in at all.

Even if it was a bad request on the client side, I'd have expected
something to show up on the httpd side.

As soon as we kill the installer's java.exe process (installanywhere
installer) httpd starts to respond.'

Andy