httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Andy Wang <aw...@ptc.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Chunked transfer delay with httpd 2.4 on Windows.
Date Thu, 22 Oct 2015 15:52:08 GMT

On 10/22/2015 10:38 AM, Graham Leggett wrote:
> On 22 Oct 2015, at 5:31 PM, Andy Wang <awang@ptc.com> wrote:
>
>> I already had to do that.  We have this weird scenario where when our installer installs
httpd, httpd hangs.  Packet captures show the request arriving but no ACK or any form of response.

>> If I kill the installer process, the problem goes away.  I have no idea how or why
that could possibly occur, but Acceptfilter http none resolves that issue.

> Sounds like a request that the http accept filter doesn’t believe is complete?
>
> Could be an RFC violation on the client side.

I'm not sure how that's possible.  The TCP stack doesn't even respond to
the initial SYN.

As soon as we kill the installer process, httpd starts to respond.

Andy