httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Andy Wang <aw...@ptc.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Chunked transfer delay with httpd 2.4 on Windows.
Date Thu, 22 Oct 2015 13:42:01 GMT

On 10/21/2015 10:01 AM, Andy Wang wrote:

>> I will do that today.
>>
>> And thank you to Rudiger and yourself, and everyone else on the thread
>> for all the help.
>>
>> I missed the trailing 0x0a in the different wireshark captures.  I was
>> trusting wireshark's http dissection rather than looking at the raw hex
>> data and it didn't show the trailing \n.
>>
>> I gotta go back to the basics and lean less on wireshark's
>> "intelligence" :)
>
> Oh, and the plugin developer actually identified where the \n was coming
> from and has resolved it on the client end.
>
> I do have one question.  Any idea why this only occurs on Windows servers?

Tested with the patch and looks good.
I tried to recreate it using ncat and sending an extra \n but I'm not
having luck.  I see the extra byte on my pcap.  Still curious what other
conditions create this but oh well, at this point it's in my
rear-view-mirror.

Thanks again for all the help and the solution.
Andy