httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Jacob Champion <champio...@gmail.com>
Subject Double 101 response on timeout with h2c/mod_http2
Date Mon, 12 Oct 2015 20:07:49 GMT
I was curious to see how the mod_reqtimeout filter removal worked with
mod_http2, since mod_websocket needs something similar. So I opened up
telnet and did a manual Upgrade: h2c with some junk HTTP2-Settings. I
got the 101 Switching Protocols response and a binary chunk of SETTINGS,
then let the connection sit there for a while.

60 seconds later, I got another 101 Switching Protocols response, this
time with the typical HTTP/1.1 header block, and then the connection closed:

> HTTP/1.1 101 Switching Protocols
> Date: Mon, 12 Oct 2015 19:50:51 GMT
> Server: Apache/2.4.18-dev (Unix) OpenSSL/1.0.2d

 From a short run with GDB, it looks like the "standard" output filter
chain is not being disabled in this timeout case.

(Now that mod_http2 is (almost) released, if you'd prefer I move this to
the bug tracker, just say the word.)

--Jacob