httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Jacob Champion <champio...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: 2.4.17 test failure for mod_nntp_like_ssl when mod_http2 is loaded
Date Mon, 12 Oct 2015 18:34:47 GMT
On 10/12/2015 02:12 AM, Yann Ylavic wrote:
> That would be better, but still the doc says "[H2Direct] falls outside
> the RFC 7540 but has become widely implemented as it is very
> convenient for development and testing".

_Does_ it fall outside the RFC? Section 3.4 covers the establishment of
(cleartext) HTTP/2 connections via prior knowledge, and seems to
describe exactly this use case:

 > A client MUST send the connection preface (Section 3.5) and then MAY
 > immediately send HTTP/2 frames to such a server; servers can identify
 > these connections by the presence of the connection preface.

I agree that the method of establishing this prior knowledge is
undefined, but the h2-direct mode seems to be within the RFC's scope. If
you agree, I'd suggest removing that line from the docs.

--Jacob