httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Rainer Jung <rainer.j...@kippdata.de>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release Apache httpd 2.4.17 as GA
Date Sun, 11 Oct 2015 20:06:40 GMT
Am 11.10.2015 um 21:14 schrieb Reindl Harald:

> Am 11.10.2015 um 21:07 schrieb Yann Ylavic:
>> On Sun, Oct 11, 2015 at 8:59 PM, Reindl Harald
>> <h.reindl@thelounge.net> wrote:
>>>
>>> Google only showed discussions, Bugzilla and so on and finding the new
>>> directive is hard - maybe the hint should made it into the changelog
>>> for GA
>>> release
>>
>> Yes you're right, I should have mentioned that directive in the
>> CHANGES entry.
>> Unfortunately I'm afraid it's too late now, the 2.4.17 tag is frozen.
>> Hopefully the (new) documentation will quickly be indexed...
>
> no problem since it's diabled by default
>

> "ab -c 100 -n 50000 http://small-image.gif" did not make me that happy
> after a short test on a quadcore machine, after some time httpd stopped
> to respond for a tinay statical image with a few bytes
>
> # SO_REUSEPORT support
> # <IfVersion >= 2.4.17>
> #  ListenCoresBucketsRatio 4
> # </IfVersion>

You might run into problems if your server accumulates to many TIME_WAIT
connections. Check their number in the "netstat -an" output.

ab without "-k" does in connection per request and if those are only
used very short and the server is fast you can end up with a couple of
10.000s of TIME_WAIT connections (independent of SO_REUSEPORT).

Regards,

Rainer