httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Rainer Jung <rainer.j...@kippdata.de>
Subject Re: 2.4.17 test failure for mod_nntp_like_ssl when mod_http2 is loaded
Date Sun, 11 Oct 2015 17:19:20 GMT
Am 11.10.2015 um 19:08 schrieb Yann Ylavic:
> On Sun, Oct 11, 2015 at 7:00 PM, Stefan Eissing
> <stefan.eissing@greenbytes.de> wrote:
>> Ok, analyzed the code. Here is what seems to be happening:
>>
>> - mod_http2, in the connection hook, does a blocking, speculative read to
>>    a) make sure the ALPN has been triggered
>>    b) check for the magic 24 bytes h2 preface in case H2Direct is on
>>    This works fine for HTTP/1.1 or protocols where the client starts sending bytes
right away.
>>    If the client waits for something from the server first, it gives a timeout. This
seems to be the NNTP case.

> Does it make any sense to enable h2 on NNTP?

For now I disabled the nntp over ssl test when mod_http2 is loaded
(disabled in the test file) so that the test suite does not hang.

I guess we don't want to test h2 and NNTP on the same requests, but it
would be ideal, if the modules would not disturb each other, if they
serve different vhosts in the same Apache. If that's not possible and
doesn't actually indicate a bigger problem, I'm personally fine with
that incompatibility with protocols that show "server sends first" behavior.

Regards,

Rainer