httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Rainer Jung <rainer.j...@kippdata.de>
Subject Expression Parser: search and replace with s/PATTERN/REPLACEMENT/FLAGS
Date Thu, 01 Oct 2015 10:26:07 GMT
Since it gets more common to use the expression parser for string
operations and not only for boolean checks, I think it would be useful
(and powerful) to support

s/PATTERN/REPLACEMENT/FLAGS

and allow back references in REPLACEMENT. The operation would not try to
do the replacement in place but create a new string according to the
given PATTERN and REPLACEMENT.

I had a quick look at the flex and bison files which generate lexer and
parser but must admit that it wasn't immediately obvious to me how to do
it. I can try harder but first wanted to ask if there are any volunteers
who know that technology better than me. Stefan (Frisch)? Others?

Otherwise I'll try myself (and learn new stuff on the way).

Regards,

Rainer