httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Eissing <stefan.eiss...@greenbytes.de>
Subject Re: Thx and merit
Date Mon, 26 Oct 2015 18:21:04 GMT
Hi Istvan,

the module has been released as part of the httpd server in version 2.4.17 and can be downloaded
from here: http://httpd.apache.org/download.cgi

Best Regards,

  Stefan

> Am 26.10.2015 um 18:05 schrieb Istvan Lajtos <ilajtos@gsma.com>:
>
> Hello Stefan
>
> I would appreciate if you can check with Jim and let us know the exact URL where the
Apache 2.1.4 H2C module can be accessed from.

DIOS GONZALEZ <oscar.gonzalezdedios@telefonica.com>; Reschke Julian <julian.reschke@greenbytes.de>;
Böttcher Martin <martin.boettcher@greenbytes.de>
> Subject: Re: Thx and merit
>
> Thanks to everyone for the kind words. It has been my pleasure to contribute to such
a community as Apache and I plan on continuing doing so as much as possible.

> Many thanks to Jim, Eric, Yann, Rainer, Kaspar and all the others that have made me welcome
here right from the start and who helped me settle in. It's a project with an immense history
and there is always something more to learn about it.

> When Apache httpd now speaks HTTP/2, then it's mainly Tatsuhiro Tsujikawa's work in nghttp2
that made this feasible.
> Many thanks to his excellent work and his nice support!
>
> As Jeff wrote: this all would not have happened if not for the sponsoring of the GSMA
and Telefonica. Particularly Dan Druta and Istvan Lajtos have been driving the idea from the
start and Oscar Gonzalez accompanied the project in its execution phase. Great work!

> My employer, greenbytes, is also partly my company, so I could thank myself. However
my partners, Julian Reschke and Martin Böttcher, also deserve thanks for supporting this
endeavor.

> We are but a very small company and it is not possible to sponsor a full time person
for a long duration. We will continue looking for sponsors to do work in Apache. Such projects
really give the greatest worth for all parties involved as can be seen today.

> Again, Thanks!
>
> //Stefan
>
>> Am 14.10.2015 um 16:20 schrieb Yann Ylavic <ylavic.dev@gmail.com>:
>>
>> +1, thanks Stefan!
>>
>>> On Wed, Oct 14, 2015 at 2:58 PM, Jim Jagielski <jim@jagunet.com> wrote:
>>> The ASF is all about recognizing and rewarding merit. The whole
>>> "Apache Way" started here, with this project, and httpd has always
>>> been the sort of "guiding light" and example of how Apache projects
>>> (should) work.
>>>
>>> Inclusion of the HTTP/2 implementation for httpd, especially for the
>>> 2.4.x branch, is a substantial feather in our cap. But we would have
>>> been far behind the 8-ball if not for the funding by the GSM
>>> Association on greenbytes GmbH's mod_h2 work, and for the donation of
>>> that module to the ASF.
>>>
>>> Once again, I'd like to thank them personally!
>
> This email and its attachments are intended for the above named only and may be confidential.
If they have come to you in error you must take no action based on them, nor must you copy
or show them to anyone; please reply to this email or call +44 207 356 0600 and highlight
the error.