httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "John Dougrez-Lewis" <jle...@lightblue.com>
Subject Apache Module Development Query on character encodings.
Date Tue, 20 Oct 2015 19:23:02 GMT
Hi,

I'm considering writing an Apache Module that will involve using libxml2 and
CLucene.

I need to be able to service and respond to requests as follows:

For processing with libxml2:

Request Input character encoding => UTF-8

processing of UTF-8

UTF-8 => Response output character encoding

For processing with CLucene:

Request Input character encoding => UCS-2 (fixed width 16-bit Unicode)

processing of UCS-2

UCS-2  => Response output character encoding

I'm new to Apache Modules, but have read Nick Kew's book (which is very
good).

The input and output buffers appears to be 8-bit char* based but I can't see
any references to specific encodings.

How do I go about massaging the input & output into UTF-8 and fixed width
16-bit Unicode?

Are there any good references on how to achieve this?

Regards,

John

--

John Dougrez-Lewis