httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Nick Kew <...@apache.org>
Subject Re: XSLT filter for httpd
Date Mon, 19 Oct 2015 13:20:16 GMT
On Mon, 2015-10-19 at 13:49 +0200, Graham Leggett wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> In the light of the move to simple services that talk XML/JSON and HTML and Javascript
based clients that become more and more capable, I find myself wanting an XSLT filter quite
often these days to sit in the middle and translate between the two.

> As a complement to mod_xmlenc, would it make sense to include an XSLT filter in httpd
out the box?

There are several old modules: for example mod_transform.
I expect they still serve for sites without i18n requirements.
One option would be to overhaul that.

Note, mod_transform is GPL.  Originally my decision when I released
its earlier predecessor, before I was part of the dev@httpd team.
I'd be happy to re-license it as Apache, and I don't think
any of my co-developers would object.

--
Nick Kew