httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Yann Ylavic <ylavic....@gmail.com>
Subject Re: svn commit: r1692486 [1/2] - in /httpd/httpd/trunk: docs/log-message-tags/ include/ modules/http2/ modules/ssl/ server/
Date Wed, 02 Sep 2015 15:12:46 GMT
On Wed, Sep 2, 2015 at 4:31 PM, Stefan Eissing
<stefan.eissing@greenbytes.de> wrote:

>> Am 02.09.2015 um 16:19 schrieb Yann Ylavic <ylavic.dev@gmail.com>:
>>
>> On Wed, Sep 2, 2015 at 4:04 PM, Eric Covener <covener@gmail.com> wrote:
>>>
>>> yes, the guts of mod_proxy is just a handler, so this would run before that.
>>
>> Maybe core_upgrade_handler could check if the Upgrade's protocol is in
>> Protocols, and do nothing otherwise...
>
> It calls ap_select_protocol(...) and that one allows only selections from the configured
"Protocols" list.

Hm ok, so here (with "Upgrade: WebSocket" but no "Protocols
WebSocket"), ap_select_protocol() would return "http/1.1" which is the
current protocol, hence we would not enter the
HTTP_SWITCHING_PROTOCOLS code.

I had misread the strcmp() and thought the selected protocol was
compared against the proposed one (Upgrade header).

Thanks for the clarification.