httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Yann Ylavic <ylavic....@gmail.com>
Subject Re: 2.4.17-protocols-http2/ - SNI issue
Date Wed, 16 Sep 2015 09:36:10 GMT
On Wed, Sep 16, 2015 at 11:24 AM, Plüm, Rüdiger, Vodafone Group
<ruediger.pluem@vodafone.com> wrote:

> [...]
[]

>> [ssl:error] [pid 3428:tid 3952] AH02032: Hostname www.apachelounge.com
>> provided via SNI and hostname www.apachelounge.com provided via HTTP
>> are different
>
> The above is very weird as both times we see www.apachelounge.com. Can you please check
the logs with some kind of hex tool if there is really no difference between both strings?
The logic to detect a difference in the code is just a usual strcasecmp. So I sense some hidden
characters somewhere, which might give us a hint where things go really wrong.

ISTM that the test should be:
            if (strcasecmp(host, servername)
                || (sslconn->server
                    && !ssl_util_vhost_matches(host, sslconn->server)))

instead of:
           if (strcasecmp(host, servername)
                || !sslconn->server
                || !ssl_util_vhost_matches(host, sslconn->server))

Not sure sslconn->server isn't NULL here for the first request.

Regards,
Yann.