httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Yann Ylavic <ylavic....@gmail.com>
Subject Re: svn commit: r1705257 - /httpd/httpd/trunk/modules/http2/config.m4
Date Fri, 25 Sep 2015 11:07:33 GMT
On Fri, Sep 25, 2015 at 12:41 PM, Stefan Eissing
<stefan.eissing@greenbytes.de> wrote:

>> Am 25.09.2015 um 12:32 schrieb Yann Ylavic <ylavic.dev@gmail.com>:
>>
>> On Fri, Sep 25, 2015 at 11:58 AM, Stefan Eissing
>> <stefan.eissing@greenbytes.de> wrote:
>>>
>>> I see. And rename the configuration options and documentation, while we are at
it...

>> Note that I'm *not* against the name being h2!
>
> Yann, I know. And I do not want to say that "http2" is a wrong name. Or that I could
not live with it. However, I increasingly feel that such notions as adding a "--enabled-http2"
for making it look nicer, is not properly addressing the issue:

I won't argue here, you are totally right.
I didn't mean to be punctilious about the name, but thought naively
(at the time) that "--enable-http2" magic would have pleased every
one...
That rather proves to complicate things :/

> - Modules are configured with --enable-<modname>
> - Modules are loaded with LoadModule <modname>_module modules/mod_<modname>.so"
> - Modules documentation are found in docs/manual/mod/mod_<modname>.html
> - Config directives are by default <modname, camelcase>*
> - test cases, etc. ...
>
> So, either someone has the time to do all this, or I propose we leave it as is and remove
the "--enable-http2" again.

+1 for the latter (still), and sorry for the troubles.