httpd-dev mailing list archives

From William A Rowe Jr <wr...@rowe-clan.net>
Subject Re: svn commit: r1695727 - in /httpd/httpd/trunk: docs/manual/mod/core.xml include/http_core.h server/core.c server/protocol.c
Date Wed, 02 Sep 2015 16:53:02 GMT
On Wed, Sep 2, 2015 at 11:20 AM, Yann Ylavic <ylavic.dev@gmail.com> wrote:

> It is not clear to me (still, see [1]) why Protocols would default
> like this, and h2 be available for all the vhosts (provided mod_http2
> is loaded) unless the above is configured.
> IOW, I'd prefer "Protocols http/1.1" to be the default (at least for
> 2.4.x).
>
> Also, since "http/1.1" is implicit, and ssl_callback_alpn_select() is
> unconditionally registered, we can end up negociating proposing
> "http/1.1" with the client even if is was not asked (and using ALPN
> extensions when not needed).

Just a side thought... we are still honoring http/1.0.  Wouldn't http/1 be
more reflective of the state of the protocol (e.g. http/1.0 or http/1.1 are
honored)?

Or do we intend to distinguish these and permit only one or the other
(in which case, http/1 might still be correct in this case, but the user
could alternately specify http/1.1 to permit only 1.1 negotiation?)