httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Eissing <stefan.eiss...@greenbytes.de>
Subject warning free, c89 enforced
Date Mon, 14 Sep 2015 13:39:12 GMT
With r1702948, all sorts of warnings are enabled on compilation of httpd itself when using
GCC, especially the C89 standard is being checked. All warning lead now to compiler errors.

There have been only slight changes in code necessary. The static introduced via APLOG_USE_MODULE
is being treated special. If you have declarations that make sense to sometime being unused,
please check the new macro AP_MAYBE_USELESS in httpd_config.h

For the initially proposed patch, which required several files to be changed, Jim wanted split
patches. With the current limited set, I committed these as one, last but not least since
enabling the warnings without the code changes do not work.

I hope this works as well for you. I checked on OS X and Ubuntu. The macro definition uses
a GCC feature that exists since 2.95.x. For non gcc compilers or LCLINT, it falls back to
doing nothing. Which should be fine for old platforms.

Feedback appreciated,

  Stefan

<green/>bytes GmbH
Hafenweg 16, 48155 Münster, Germany