httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Jim Jagielski <...@jaguNET.com>
Subject Re: warning free, c89 enforced
Date Mon, 14 Sep 2015 15:21:11 GMT
+1. thx!

> On Sep 14, 2015, at 9:39 AM, Stefan Eissing <stefan.eissing@greenbytes.de> wrote:
>
> With r1702948, all sorts of warnings are enabled on compilation of httpd itself when
using GCC, especially the C89 standard is being checked. All warning lead now to compiler
errors.

> There have been only slight changes in code necessary. The static introduced via APLOG_USE_MODULE
is being treated special. If you have declarations that make sense to sometime being unused,
please check the new macro AP_MAYBE_USELESS in httpd_config.h

> For the initially proposed patch, which required several files to be changed, Jim wanted
split patches. With the current limited set, I committed these as one, last but not least
since enabling the warnings without the code changes do not work.

> I hope this works as well for you. I checked on OS X and Ubuntu. The macro definition
uses a GCC feature that exists since 2.95.x. For non gcc compilers or LCLINT, it falls back
to doing nothing. Which should be fine for old platforms.