httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Tim Bannister <is...@c8h10n4o2.org.uk>
Subject Re: [RFC] Enable OCSP Stapling by default in httpd trunk
Date Fri, 28 Aug 2015 20:17:10 GMT
Jeff Trawick <trawick@gmail.com> wrote:

>As of now there's still a veto on my suggestion of enabling stapling by
>default in the httpd trunk config.

Would that default need to be backported to 2.4.x?
If it can be on by default for trunk/2.5.x, and off by default in earlier releases, this should
surprise very few users.

People upgrading from an older release could get a mild surprise, but at the same time if
you upgrade from 2.4.x to 2.5.x then surprises aren't all that surprising.

Overall I think the big question mark is around backport to 2.4.x rather than the change to
httpd trunk.

Tim
--
Tim Bannister – isoma@c8h10n4o2.org.uk