httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Eissing <>
Subject Re: modules\http2 - structure initializing.
Date Wed, 26 Aug 2015 15:26:37 GMT
Hi Norm,

I think these type of assignments are part of the C90 standard. I am not sure we want to support
a compiler that cannot cope with that, but I may be to green to know that. What platform is
this on exactly?

> Am 26.08.2015 um 00:53 schrieb NormW <>:
> G/Morning,
> Herewith an svn diff that implements line-by-line initialization of three structures
(no idea if there's a technical term for it) in place of the list method now used, e.g struct
x = { , , , }.
> I acknowledge upfront that 'my' somewhat dated compiler cannot handle the list method,
whereas the method portrayed in the diff is totally acceptable to it.
> However, I find the 'list' method less easier to 'read' as the struct elements are not
'visible', and one has to locate the struct definition itself to see what is being set to
what. The method as illustrated by the patch is clearer (to my mind) and not affected by the
order of the elements within the primary structure.
> Lastly I noticed at least one case recently where my diff 'simplified' because a struct
was changed to the _suggested_ method, with the primary struct being created by a memset();
perhaps that's a similar change needed in these cases also?
> Regards,
> Norm
> <cw_reqd_chgs.diff>

<green/>bytes GmbH