httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Yann Ylavic <ylavic....@gmail.com>
Subject Re: svn commit: r1697002 - /httpd/httpd/trunk/modules/filters/mod_substitute.c
Date Fri, 21 Aug 2015 15:05:23 GMT
On Fri, Aug 21, 2015 at 4:36 PM, Ruediger Pluem <rpluem@apache.org> wrote:

> On 08/21/2015 04:31 PM, Yann Ylavic wrote:
>>>
>>> Yes it was, still when inherit_before is set we need to do that.
>>
>> I meant, we need to do "apr_array_append(p, over->patterns,
>> base->patterns)" and not the inverse.
>>

> But apr_array_append(p, over->patterns, base->patterns) means that we do NOT inherit
the stuff from the base
> configuration before the configuration of our section. So the code before your recent
patch was correct.

Hm, you are right, I was misleaded by the comment in trunk:
    /* SubstituteInheritBefore was the default behavior until 2.5.x, ... */
since SubstituteInheritBefore was *not* the default behavior until 2.5.x.

To recap, apr_array_append(p, over->patterns, base->patterns) is the
legacy but it is obviously not the inherited base which is merged
before...

So to keep the existing/prior-to-r1697002 logic in the code (which was
good), I propose to revert r1697002 and rename SubstituteInheritBefore
to SubstituteInheritAfter, WDYT?