httpd-dev mailing list archives

From William A Rowe Jr <wr...@rowe-clan.net>
Subject Re: modules\http2 - structure initializing.
Date Wed, 26 Aug 2015 15:33:27 GMT
Netware, I'd presume.

Going forwards on trunk (not breaking 2.4.x) I agree with Norm that the
explicit list is easier for developers to first approach than the list
schema.

The feature I'd really like to see us adopt on trunk is incomplete
structures, which would allow us to break code that believes it knows the
length of an httpd exported structure (it doesn't).

The showstopper I see to 2.6/3.0 GA would be an explicit _create
initializer for all of httpd's exposed types.  This would prevent the sort
of breakage caused by our introduction of HttpTrailers late in the 2.4.x
game.

Bill