httpd-dev mailing list archives

From William A Rowe Jr <>
Subject Re: Intent to Tag 2.5.0 for -alpha consideration
Date Wed, 26 Aug 2015 17:24:03 GMT
On Wed, Aug 26, 2015 at 12:13 PM, Jim Jagielski <> wrote:

> Ideally, getting mod_h2 into users hands will be MUCH easier by focusing
> on finishing up the 2.4 backporting... This "out of the blue" notice
> to alpha 2.5 seems to me some method to "stall" or circumvent action in
> that
> direction by changing the goalposts...

If everyone is on the same page about our versioning contract with module
authors, the backport thumbs up-or-down decision is going to be clear cut
to all of us, right?

Thank you for your notice of intent to vote against a release, I appreciate
the heads-up.  Releases cannot be vetoed, of course.

The faster early adopters can get us bug feedback, the faster the stable
and tested module can be backported to 2.4 without "experimental" warnings,

View raw message