httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Eissing <stefan.eiss...@greenbytes.de>
Subject Re: protocols and mod_h2 consolidation
Date Tue, 25 Aug 2015 10:43:40 GMT
Gregg,

I just checked in changes that should fix the warnings you mentioned. Thanks for reviewing
this. As to the SERVER_PROTOCOL, I have no idea yet what may cause this.

//Stefan

> Am 25.08.2015 um 06:11 schrieb Gregg Smith <gls@gknw.net>:
>
> Hi,
>
> On 8/24/2015 9:29 AM, Stefan Eissing wrote:
>
>> I hope this works for everyone. The next weeks might be a good time to think about
it and propose any changes and correct my mistakes.

> There are two things that go bump on my lowest non-eol version of MSVC.
> h2_worker.c
> .\h2_worker.c(113) : error C2440: 'function' : cannot convert from 'void *(__cdecl *)(apr_thread_t
*,void *)' to 'apr_thread_start_t'
> .\h2_worker.c(113) : warning C4022: 'apr_thread_create' : pointer mismatch for actual
parameter 3

> Casting execute to apr_thread_start_t (what apr_thread_create expects) seems to quiet
the compiler and FireFox seems to work with it.

> h2_session.c
> .\h2_session.c(1079) : error C2440: 'type cast' : cannot convert from 'int' to 'nghttp2_data_source'
> .\h2_session.c(1081) : warning C4047: 'initializing' : 'int' differs in levels of indirection
from 'nghttp2_data_source_read_callback'

> This cast to a union type, this MSVC version's docs on Unions has a note in the comments
mentioning;

>> We recommend that you do not use a union to cast data from one data type to another
because union members occupy the same address in memory.

>> There is no data-conversion support for unions. The results of interchanging writes
and reads between union members of different types are unpredictable and depend on a variety
of reasons.

> They are evidently enforcing this. I just removed the cast and it builds and Firefox
seems to work.

> Other nits of interest or not;
> h2_stream_set.c
> .\h2_stream_set.c(139) : warning C4028: formal parameter 2 different from declaration
>
> The function is prototyped as: h2_stream_set_match_fn *match
> but in h2_stream_set.c it is: h2_stream_set_match_fn match
>
> I get 2 different results for the $ENV{'SERVER_PROTOCOL'} in my perl script depending
on the machine. My server gives me "HTTP/1.1" and running locally on my build machine I get
"INCLUDED." Firefox says it is HTTP/2.0 200 OK so both results in this $ENV seem incorrect.
I'm not sure why the difference as mod_h2 is configured same on both.

> Regards,
> Gregg

<green/>bytes GmbH
Hafenweg 16, 48155 Münster, Germany