httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Eissing <stefan.eiss...@greenbytes.de>
Subject Re: HTTP_MISDIRECTED_REQUEST
Date Fri, 28 Aug 2015 07:32:05 GMT

> Am 28.08.2015 um 03:37 schrieb Roy T. Fielding <fielding@gbiv.com>:
>> +                if (r->connection->keepalives > 0) {
>> +                    return HTTP_MISDIRECTED_REQUEST;
>> +                }
>>                  return HTTP_BAD_REQUEST;
>>              }
>>          }
>>
> IIRC, it is applicable to HTTP/1.1 as well. Think misdirected requests containing
> an absolute request URI that points to some other server.  I don't think the conditional
> is needed at all -- just return HTTP_MISDIRECTED_REQUEST.

Thanks for clarifying this.

> Hmm, I wonder how this impacts Google's desire to allow multiple hosts to reuse
> the same SPDY connection ... was that dropped for h2?

It wasn't. Our implementation currently just goes the easy way. It needs to check that server/vhost
from request and SNI indeed use the same certificate and if not, maybe even if altnames/wildcards
match. But I am not sure that is a good idea.

Maybe I get time today to look into this...

//Stefan

<green/>bytes GmbH
Hafenweg 16, 48155 Münster, Germany