httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Eissing <stefan.eiss...@greenbytes.de>
Subject Re: test base line
Date Tue, 14 Jul 2015 14:57:04 GMT
OK. Case solved. test/framework/trunk found hardly innocent:

On my Parallels Ubuntu image, the lines

127.0.0.1     localhost
::1	      localhost

existed. But the httpd.conf which is generated by t/TEST does a

Listen 0.0.0.0:8529

which is a mix of ipv4/ipv6 that causes the startup to wait
indefinitely for localhost to warm up. I assume the checks
are done on ::1 and never answered.

Removing the ::1 line from /etc/hosts solved the problem.

On the other hand, If one replaces the "Listen 0.0.0.0:port"
with "Listen port" and adds the ::1 line again to /etc/hosts,
the startup problems are also gone.

But the access.t tests now fail.

So, something has to give. I think the tests should work
in the presence of ipv6 nowadays. I definitely think that
the Listen should be done with port only.

//Stefan

PS. This was a plain vanilla ubuntu 14.04 lts install. nothing fancy added.

warm up", although server was reachable as http://localhost:8529/
>>   strange.
>> 2 with 'test.example.org' as servername and entry in /etc/hosts everything works
except modules/access.t with 31 failures.
>>   After reading that code, I see that
>>   a) mod_access_compat makes a reverse lookup if it thinks the deny/allow is a host
name and lookups are allowed.
>>   b) HostnameLookups is 'Off' in the test config
>>   c) /etc/hosts does not enable reverse lookups for the resolver (at least not on
ubuntu/osx)

>> So, it seems to me you all are testing with "127.0.0.1" or enable lookups and have
a name from a DNS zone with proper reverse. Everything else should not work.

> Testing with localhost here.
>
> No precise idea here about your problem, but
>
> - make sure you don't have any proxy shell environment variables set (http_proxy, https_proxy
or similar)

> - we might get an idea if we can see your /etc/hosts and /etc/resolv.conf (cleared from
private info).

>> //Stefan (needs a drink)
>
> Taming the beast makes one thirsty.
>
> Rainer