httpd-dev mailing list archives

From William A Rowe Jr <wr...@rowe-clan.net>
Subject Re: CipherLists and who has control: aka what to do re: renegotiate - a simple way to set minimum levels in "core"?
Date Sat, 18 Jul 2015 16:12:21 GMT
This was addressed for 2.2.31 and 2.4.16... See the significantly revised
default docs/conf/extra/httpd-ssl.conf.in template for our recommended
config.

We won't be entertaining patches to change the compiled-in behavior in
these maintenance branches, this has severely negative impacts on users
updating to the same version major.minor for security updates on an
expedited basis.

Our discussions of compiled-in behavior changes is limited to svn trunk
(what will become httpd 2.6 or 3.0).

Much of this discussion becomes mute in the coming year or few as users
deploy OpenSSL, LibreSSL or GNUTLS with all legacy SSLv3 and TLSv1.0
support eliminated.