httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Andy Wang <>
Subject Re: building httpd 2.2 on windows automation question.
Date Wed, 15 Jul 2015 15:22:25 GMT

On 07/14/2015 09:37 PM, Gregg Smith wrote:
> On 7/14/2015 12:09 PM, Andy Wang wrote:
>>         link.exe -lib @C:\Users\runtime\AppData\Local\Temp\nm9E02.tmp
>>         "c:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio
>> 10.0\VC\BIN\nmake.exe" -
>> nologo -f libaprutil.mak      CFG="libaprutil - Win32 Release" RECURSE=0
>>         if not exist ".\Release/" mkdir ".\Release"
>>         tempfile.bat
>> libaprutil.mak(1494) : fatal error U1054: cannot create inline file
>> '
>> t'
>> Stop.
> I've run into this on VC11/Win7x64 more than once. I think I just
> restarted the build again and it has always gone through. Microsoft says
> a tempfile.bat already exists with a read-only attribute so it evidently
> has started creating the file before removing the prior one.
.. snipped ..
> Give it another try with 2.2.31 when it arrives, hopefully tomorrow.

Gave it a try with the patched 2.2.31, and you're right, continuing on
gets around the error.  It does occur about half a dozen times though.
I'll have to script that in if this works.

The openssl problem bit me though.  And it looks like that change you
mentioned will do it too.  Haven't patched it yet.

Thanks for pointing this out.

View raw message