httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Andy Wang <aw...@ptc.com>
Subject Re: building httpd 2.2 on windows automation question.
Date Tue, 14 Jul 2015 19:09:25 GMT

On 07/14/2015 01:47 PM, Gregg Smith wrote:
> You know 2.2 has .mak files in the source. They've been given no love in
> a long time but nothing major has changed for them to need it AFAIK.
> Those should make your automating life simple.
> nmake /f makefile.win [options] installr

I was never able to get the ootb Makefile.win to work with a modern
visual studio.  I just tried and this occurs:

         link.exe -lib @C:\Users\runtime\AppData\Local\Temp\nm9E02.tmp
         "c:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio
10.0\VC\BIN\nmake.exe" -
nologo -f libaprutil.mak      CFG="libaprutil - Win32 Release" RECURSE=0
         if not exist ".\Release/" mkdir ".\Release"
         tempfile.bat
libaprutil.mak(1494) : fatal error U1054: cannot create inline file
'tempfile.ba
t'
Stop.
NMAKE : fatal error U1077: '"c:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual
Studio 10.0
\VC\BIN\nmake.exe"' : return code '0x2'
Stop.
NMAKE : fatal error U1077: '"c:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual
Studio 10.0
\VC\BIN\nmake.exe"' : return code '0x2'
Stop.

I remember an e-mail thread with you about building the makefile and dep
files and how they weren't actually in the unix source and there were
gaps where the windows source wasn't updated - which is why I needed to
figure out how to build from the vanilla unix sources.  Did this change?
Because I could swear the unix sources didn't have some of this stuff
before.

Andy