httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Andy Wang <aw...@ptc.com>
Subject building httpd 2.2 on windows automation question.
Date Tue, 14 Jul 2015 15:22:47 GMT
I wanted to just send a quick email out to see if anyone is familiar
enough with the windows compile process to see if there are any thoughts
on how to improve what I'm doing.

So a few quick points
1) i'm using the unix source to prep the source tree
2) i'm not using any external makefiles/visual studio project files
the intent of my build is to be able to build httpd with no dependencies
on anything but the httpd project and official vanilla dependencies
(openssl, zlib).

I'm currently automating MOST of my build using a cygwin bash script to
prep my source tree.

What I end up doing after this is manual steps based on posts and advice
I've seen on the httpd mailing list as well as apachelounge forums:
1) first open the dsw in visual studio 8 and convert it to a new sln
project - apparently something to do with visual studio 10 conversion
doesn't work
2) open in visual studio 10 and convert to a visual studio 10 sln file.
3) build the project

I'm pretty sure #3 can simply be done with nmake, but I'm not sure, but
since I'm already in the visual studio project as a result of #2 i'd
never bothered to try.

My main question is does anyone know how to automate 1 and 2 in a way
that can be done via a script?  It would greatly increase the efficiency
of my build if I don't have to monitor it occasionally.

The cmake process for 2.4 is pretty nice :)  one .sh script kicks that
off thanks to help received from Jeff.

Thanks,
Andy