httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Eissing <stefan.eiss...@greenbytes.de>
Subject Re: module configs across (pseudo) connections
Date Wed, 24 Jun 2015 13:58:08 GMT

> Am 24.06.2015 um 15:26 schrieb Graham Leggett <minfrin@sharp.fm>:
>
> I would argue that the copying option above is most dangerous, as this has side effects
that may not be catered for by pool cleanups.

Totally agree. That is why it is not implemented like that. With the side effect that mod_logio,
for example, does not aggregate data for the main connection.

The only exception in the current implementation is mod_ssl. mod_h2 copies that one to the
slave connection, so that ssl_var_lookup() works.

> I believe we should be treating the “pseudo” connections as real connections, and
perhaps by linking a “subconnection” to a “connection” (c->main) in the same way
we currently link a subrequest to a request (r->main).

Sounds good. Then mod_ssl/mod_logio can treat these as they seem fit.

> If you run into any blockers while doing this I would argue those blockers would be bugs
and we want to fix them.

Cheers,
  Stefan

<green/>bytes GmbH