httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Eissing <stefan.eiss...@greenbytes.de>
Subject Re: ALPN patch comments
Date Wed, 03 Jun 2015 10:56:40 GMT
I tested the lined patch on a 2.4.x checkout with mod_h2 on OS X 10.10 and openssl 1.0.2. All
my tests ran fine.

//Stefan

> Am 02.06.2015 um 16:56 schrieb Eric Covener <covener@gmail.com>:
>
> Can you test the latest rev of the backport candidate?
>
> http://people.apache.org/~ylavic/httpd-2.4.x-alpn-v4.patch
>

> On Mon, Apr 27, 2015 at 11:06 AM Stefan Eissing <stefan.eissing@greenbytes.de>
wrote:

> >> I'd be +1 for that.
> >
> > So, to get one step further, and since there were no explicit objections
> > to removing NPN support so far (or arguments for keeping it, FWIW), I
> > went ahead and took a stab at this with r1676004.
> >
> > Only tested in terms of "compiles both w/ and w/o HAVE_TLS_ALPN", so it
> > certainly needs more eyes before a backport proposal could be made.
> > There's also a "TODO: we should have a mod_ssl configuration parameter"
> > in ssl_engine_kernel.c which I'm unsure to what it refers.
>
> The „TODO“ is a leftover from before SSLAlpnPreference was introduced. It can be
removed.

> I diff’ed the current mod_ssl against the 2.4 branch, removed everything but he ALPN
changes and made a patch for my sandbox. This works on my OS X with mod_h2. My Ubuntu sandbox
is still resisting as some test clients still link the system ssl which only speaks NPN (or
link against a lib_event that links against the system openssl). It’s a mess.