httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Eric Covener <cove...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: RFC 7540 (HTTP/2) wrt reusable connections and SNI
Date Mon, 08 Jun 2015 13:56:57 GMT

> What's the point of SNI if it can be used to select the correct vhost
> before the handshake (modulo the port...), but TLS must possibly be
> renegotiated later for subsequent requests?

In configs that use separate certificates, it gets you the correct one, and
these are n/a to the coalescing problem

In configs that use the same certificate, I guess it gets you slightly
different TLS parameters.  If you use HTTP/2, you'll have to forego these
and per-dir renegotiations.

Maybe the latter should just be deprecated, it seems like they cause
constant problems