httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Yann Ylavic <>
Subject Redirect proposed fix (was: [VOTE] Release Apache httpd 2.4.15 as GA)
Date Mon, 22 Jun 2015 10:56:50 GMT
On Mon, Jun 22, 2015 at 12:26 PM, Yann Ylavic <> wrote:
> On Mon, Jun 22, 2015 at 10:50 AM, Plüm, Rüdiger, Vodafone Group
>> @Yann: Wouldn't it make sense to check for cmd->path as well before we do the
expression parsing stuff to ensure we are really in a <Location...> section?
> Yes, that's where I wanted to go for a final version of the patch,
> since the comment (above that code) states: "we use the expression
> syntax assuming a path from the location".

The attached patch enables expressions for <Location> context only a
redirect status.
I'll try to add tests in framework when I have little time...

> OTOH, I don't see why it would be limited to a <Location> context...
> But try_redirect() uses per_dir_config only, so it's probably better
> to not change this for now, and handle module_config in a follow up
> (once 2.4.16 is out! :)
> AIUI though, we now accept the URL to be (possibly) an expression, but
> I don't understand why we need these new alias_dir_conf entries to
> handle that, can't we simply use a new expr field in the alias_entry
> (maybe with some heuristic to use a plain string if no real expression
> is used, for performances reasons if that matters), and thus preserve
> the 2.4.12 logic?
> Also, I think we should handle any non-redirect (custom) statuses like
> we do for HTTP_GONE (no third/second URL argument required nor
> relevent, depending on vhost/location context), and mention it in the
> doc :)
> So finally this makes me wonder if we'd better not revert the change
> for now (at least the Redirect* part since Alias* changes look good),
> and think more about the possible Redirect* uses.

I can't find a related bugzilla for the feature (not sold already :),
so either way for me, revert or something like the attached...

> Regards,
> Yann.

View raw message