httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Graham Leggett <minf...@sharp.fm>
Subject Re: option to block async write completion?
Date Tue, 30 Jun 2015 21:29:19 GMT
On 30 Jun 2015, at 8:53 PM, Plüm, Rüdiger, Vodafone Group <ruediger.pluem@vodafone.com>
wrote:

>> This turned into a bot of a pain when I realized just using a flush
>> bucket accomplishes the same thing (everything up to the flush bucket
>> is blocking)
>
> Are you sure that works with every filter in between? As far as I remember some filters
(mod_deflate?) just drop everything once they have seen EOS / EOR.

mod_deflate is a per-request filter, the request ceases to exist after EOS/EOR, so in theory
this wouldn’t affect the flush bucket.

To be 100% safe, send the flush bucket down the stack on it’s own, not tacked onto the end
of the brigade with the EOS.

Regards,
Graham
—