httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Jim Jagielski <...@jaguNET.com>
Subject Re: thread/mpm advice
Date Tue, 09 Jun 2015 14:28:39 GMT
Prefork is the only (unix) MPM which is non-threaded.

> On Jun 9, 2015, at 9:37 AM, Stefan Eissing <stefan.eissing@greenbytes.de> wrote:
>
> Hi Knowledgeable List!
>
> someone reported issues with mod_h2 in relation to some mod_proxy/mod_rewrite setup of
his. I added several test cases and all seems fine. Then I found out that he is running on
a mpm_prefork configuration...

> My understanding is that one uses mpm_prefork when threads are to be avoided. This is
not what mod_h2 is about and so I consider disabling the module in a prefork configuration.
My thinking: if threads are not a problem, why not run worker/event?