httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Eissing <stefan.eiss...@greenbytes.de>
Subject Re: ALPN patch comments
Date Wed, 03 Jun 2015 13:45:04 GMT
I additionally tested today on Ubuntu 14.04 LTS. Works for me.

> Am 03.06.2015 um 12:56 schrieb Stefan Eissing <stefan.eissing@greenbytes.de>:
>
> I tested the lined patch on a 2.4.x checkout with mod_h2 on OS X 10.10 and openssl 1.0.2.
All my tests ran fine.

> //Stefan
>
>> Am 02.06.2015 um 16:56 schrieb Eric Covener <covener@gmail.com>:
>>
>> Can you test the latest rev of the backport candidate?
>>
>> http://people.apache.org/~ylavic/httpd-2.4.x-alpn-v4.patch
>>

>> On Mon, Apr 27, 2015 at 11:06 AM Stefan Eissing <stefan.eissing@greenbytes.de>
wrote:

>>> So, to get one step further, and since there were no explicit objections
>>> to removing NPN support so far (or arguments for keeping it, FWIW), I
>>> went ahead and took a stab at this with r1676004.
>>>
>>> Only tested in terms of "compiles both w/ and w/o HAVE_TLS_ALPN", so it
>>> certainly needs more eyes before a backport proposal could be made.
>>> There's also a "TODO: we should have a mod_ssl configuration parameter"
>>> in ssl_engine_kernel.c which I'm unsure to what it refers.
>>
>> The „TODO“ is a leftover from before SSLAlpnPreference was introduced. It can
be removed.

>> I diff’ed the current mod_ssl against the 2.4 branch, removed everything but he
ALPN changes and made a patch for my sandbox. This works on my OS X with mod_h2. My Ubuntu
sandbox is still resisting as some test clients still link the system ssl which only speaks
NPN (or link against a lib_event that links against the system openssl). It’s a mess.