httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "Helmut K. C. Tessarek" <tessa...@evermeet.cx>
Subject Re: documentation issues for mod_authn_socache
Date Mon, 22 Jun 2015 20:51:07 GMT
On 2015-06-22 16:29, Nick Kew wrote:
> We don't know the platforms' defaults.  They're up to the packagers,
> and those sysops who make an active decision.

I don't understand. What do you mean by "this is up to the packagers"?

Is there a config option that decides this? If yes, let me ask this: what, if nothing is set?
Then there is no caching? What is used when someone calls the API ap_authn_cache_store?

I'm sorry, but this makes no sense.
The defaults are in the code, aren't they? There should be something in the code like:

If on Linux and AuthnCacheSOCache not set, then use XXXX.

A default value is not something that is normaly chosen, and if it is, it should be at least
explained how.

What about my 1st item? Misspelling of caching? How to fix it, who can fix it? Can I clone
a repo
and create a pull request or do I have do work with svn?

--
regards Helmut K. C. Tessarek
lookup http://sks.pkqs.net for KeyID 0xC11F128D

/*