httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "Helmut K. C. Tessarek" <tessa...@evermeet.cx>
Subject Re: ap_authn_cache_store call for groups
Date Thu, 18 Jun 2015 04:47:20 GMT
On 17.06.15 18:56 , Eric Covener wrote:
> Sounds right.  The "authn" in the name is shorthand for authentication
> (vs authorization). It seems possible to shoehorn other data into this
> cache though, but it's not clear to me what it adds using socache
> directly.

The problem is that I don't know how. I just read the information in
the documentation http://webauth.stanford.edu/manual/mod/mod_authn_socache.html
how to use it to cache credentials.

I wrote my own caching algorithms for my module, but learned that Apache
provides this funtionality already. Or at least part of it - as in user caching.
That's why I thought of getting rid of my own caching (which caches users and group
info) and make use of already available functionality.
Why reinvent the wheel?

I just can't figure out how to cache group info.

My module is an authnz module, but I couldn't find an authz_socache variant.
Is there something like that? Are there any examples?

Maybe this is off topic here, but I'd appreciate any pointers.

Cheers,
  K. C.

--
regards Helmut K. C. Tessarek