httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "Helmut K. C. Tessarek" <tessa...@evermeet.cx>
Subject ap_authn_cache_store call for groups
Date Wed, 17 Jun 2015 22:50:44 GMT
I was looking into caching of user credentials, but I think I might be missing something.

The call ap_authn_cache_store seems to store user credentials which will help, if you have
a directive like 'Require valid-user', but it won't help for directives like
'Require group admin'.

Am I right?

So in case of an authentication module that uses database queries, all subsequent requests
will still generate SQL statements for the user/group matching. Which means that only half
of the database requests are actually cached.

Can someone please elaborate.

Cheers,
  K. C.

--