httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Gregg Smith <...@gknw.net>
Subject Re: SSLCertificateChainFile deprecation, still (was: svn commit: r1685371 - /httpd/httpd/branches/2.4.x/STATUS)
Date Mon, 15 Jun 2015 01:14:10 GMT
On 6/14/2015 2:56 PM, Yann Ylavic wrote:
> On Sun, Jun 14, 2015 at 1:31 PM, Gregg Smith<gls@gknw.net>  wrote:
>> http://people.apache.org/~gsmith/proposal/sslcertificatechainfile_compromise.diff
> I'm fine with this approach too.
> We have to decide whether a single [warn] is acceptable or not since
> it may still confuse startup monitors, which was a point raised in the
> [Vote] thread.
> I agree that the current patch proposed in STATUS is nearly the same
> as not noticing the user since it requires -e info in the command-line
> for anything to be visible, but I'm afraid any warning won't be
> accepted now...

It's a lose/lose situation either way. I didn't pick up on the startup
monitors part of the thread.

We are almost back to the way it was before the warning, I guess this is
fine. No will know the better unless they go fishing for some other
problem that may arise. At the very minimum it's something at least,
should not make waves and i would bet everyone knows about it now unless
2.4.15 is their first.

You have my vote, sorry for the trouble.